Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Because I Love You
By Anthony Acevedo

Opening a door to find a friend,
An unexpected pleasure,
Traveling as a vagabond
My heart had grown remorseful & bitter
Peering into my eyes time stood still as she smiled
My heart sank as my shell melted away

An old wound glimmered outward toward her
Seeing my affliction she returned with compassion
My heart melted more
Never again I had once told myself
Promised myself out of resentment and anger

There was a healer behind her though
He had healed her once
Now He was using her to heal me
Others arrived
Mending contorted limbs
A friend in need is a friend indeed

I had once known this Healer personally,
Felt abandoned by Him,
Turned away to my own desires,
A difference in her though,
Something I never had even with Him,
Had to understand this difference.

Seeking and searching,
Investigating and asking,
Waiting and listening,
Even praying!
My Lord and Savior!

Yes this Healer has mended,
He has aided me all along,
Even when I hated Him,
When I doubted if He even was,
Lost faith & belief in Him,
He was always there.

Love is a life with this Healer.                                    
Life is knowing He’s always there for you, 
Sacrificed His Only Begotten Son
To save you.

Because He loves you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment