Wednesday, August 28, 2013

My Shield, My Rock, & My Refuge

Psalm 28 (Of David)

"To you, Lord, I call;
    you are my Rock,
    do not turn a deaf ear to me.
For if you remain silent,
    I will be like those who go down to the pit.
Hear my cry for mercy
    as I call to you for help,
as I lift up my hands
    toward your Most Holy Place.
Do not drag me away with the wicked,
    with those who do evil,
who speak cordially with their neighbors
    but harbor malice in their hearts.
Repay them for their deeds
    and for their evil work;
repay them for what their hands have done
    and bring back on them what they deserve.
Because they have no regard for the deeds of the Lord
    and what his hands have done,
he will tear them down
    and never build them up again.
Praise be to the Lord,
    for he has heard my cry for mercy.
The Lord is my strength and my shield;
    my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
    and with my song I praise him.
The Lord is the strength of his people,
    a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.
Save your people and bless your inheritance;
    be their shepherd and carry them forever. "

Today I share this verbatim from biblegateway.com
It is a great source of strength to know that God is a preserver of His people. 

By choosing to love Him and allow Him to lead our lives, He does preserve us and upkeep us. His love is more than we have capacity for on our own. God loves you and me. Without any condition, He'll always love us. Why? Because, He does. 

Also, everyday someone attempts to follow a life with the Christ, Jesus. And everyday someone is hurt, beaten, or worse because of that choice. The scripture I shared may get someone killed in some countries. Do not take for granted what God has given, and men have allowed. Freedom is a great privilege by men, but is also greatly disowned by men too. God never intended for us to have such iniquity toward each other and gave us freedom. What will we do with what He freely gave? 

I encourage you. Make God, the Father of Jesus Christ, your Rock, your Refuge, your Shield, and your Salvation. No matter where you are at in your heart or life, it's never too late. He'll forgive you, just have to be willing to surrender to Him. Three things you should know about Him: 

1) God answers prayers! And even if He does not, His love is unsurpassed. (Always a comforter, poor in spirit and broken hearted).

2) Have no fear and be of good cheer, because Jesus is always near.
(He'll never abandon you, trust Him. He'll surprise you). 

3) God is above, and with Him is all that is good--more than man has capacity for. (Where ever God leads you, He'll do it with peace, love, and clarity. All things intended for you, by Him, are always good. Especially what He wants for you to do inwardly and outwardly).  

Most of all, pray for oppressors. Those that hate us are in need of it the most. Even if it just be someone who grieves us. God has His ways of handling people who are devoted to evil. Even these God wishes to save. Mercy unto them. For He is the Judge, and He alone is the lawmaker. Jesus Christ came as the way of that mercy, of the only authority--God the maker, the Father, Prince of Peace, et cetra. 

Just call on Him. He will not disappoint. He loves all of us. 

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son. Who so ever believe in Him, will have life everlasting." -John 3:16

God's Peace and Love be upon you. Christ Jesus be with you, always. 


No comments:

Post a Comment